Ford Sierra front wings replacement

I am to replace the front wings on a Ford Sierra Mk 2 with brand new equivalents. Naturally, these will be welded on. However, to remove the existing panels will it require me to gut the engine bay?

Reply to
Glasspool

No. But I thought you were (bizarrely) replacing them with wings from a Mk

1 Sierra. You'll have a bit of modification to the inners I'll wager.
Reply to
Doug

Your thoughts are indeed correct. I used the Mk 2 terminology in this case to avoid any confusion. Since the engine bays of both Sierra Mks are fundamentally the same, the answer given here should be applicable to both.

Reply to
Glasspool

No.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Given that you're asking such a basic question, are you sure you're up to the job of turning a s**te old Sierra into an even less desireable model?

Reply to
SteveH

SteveH ( snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I'd say that was about the extent of his abilities...

Reply to
Adrian

*snort*
Reply to
SteveH

I still think it's a troll, albeit a piss poor one...

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Scott M (smorris_12@delete_this.yahoo.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No. Life is *toooo* short.

Reply to
Adrian

No, no, no. It's far too far off the other end of the scale for that. We're well into surreal troll territory here.

Has anyone been bothered to look up the OPs assertion that Mk I Sierras are somehow worth more than Mk IIs (at least, as far as eBay was concerned, IIRC)?

Reply to
Scott M

Well even if they were, he's wouldn't be an *original* Mk1, would it.

So it would be worth sod all, even by 'sod all Sierra' standards.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

no but to fit the mk1 wings to the mk 2 you will need to scratch your head a bit they are the wrong shape for a start and you will need to "fettle" some other parts of the bodywork as well

Reply to
dojj