Honda CR-V

Hello, is there anybody here who drives CR-V and would like to write me a little about experiences with such car?

Reply to
K.

Hello, is there anybody here who drives CR-V and would like to write me a little about experiences with such car?

Reply to
K.

I repair them, they have few problems and are pleasant to drive.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Great. I'd prefer to skip repairing for a while. How pleasant to drive are they then?

Reply to
K.

That's very subjective. I take an elderly friend for a drive weekly in his CRV. It's comfortable and well-mannered enough, and no worse to drive than any other automatic.

John

Reply to
John Henderson

Comfortable, quiet, good visibility, roomy, adequate performance and handling, everything works, typical Japanese really.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks guys,

Another question will be about insurances (fully comprehensible

+breakdown cover). What can I expect? Will I pay (insurance) considerably more for CR-V 2.0 (Petrol) than Civic 1.8 (Petrol)?

For 'some reasons' road tax for CR-V 2.0 Petrol is +290 pounds more expensive than Civic 1.8 Petrol. Where actual difference between engines is merely +198ccm for CR-V. CR-V: Acceleration 0-62 mph 10.2secs; max speed 118mph Civic: Acceleration 0-62 mph 8.9secs; max speed 127mph (obviously lighter car but hey, does that 1.3 secs Really Matter?)

Civic: width =1765mm CR-V: width =1820mm

For 5.5 cm wider car and 198ccm more (awwww gawd! awesome!) is it worth to pay 4515 pounds more? Plus, I expect, more expensive insurance (just how much more expensive)?

'Comfortable, quiet, good visibility, roomy, adequate performance and handling, everything works, typical Japanese really. ' Would you describe Civic the same way? I can't remember exactly but I guess I had Civic driving experience (although I'm not 100% sure if it was Civic). Peugeot cars I find horrid, although I had Renault Clio ages ago and it was surprisingly roomy!

Reply to
K.

the civic is much the same, an excellent vehicle to drive in all ways.

I expect the crv will have higher tax because of the larger engine and permanent four wheel drive which will increase exhaust emissions per kilometre.

Which to choose depends on the whim of the driver, try both in the conditions that you usually drive in, is the only way to decide.

The crv feels roomier inside, and the view is better. I would expect that the average driver would find the CRV easier to park. If you live in an area that suffers poor weather a lot , then the CRV is the one to get. If you want to feel sportier then get the civic.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 16:51:08 -0700, K. stammered:

If the 1.3 seconds really matters to you, then neither a Civic or CRV is the right car for you;-)

Reply to
Mike P

civic 1.8, 1799ccm; road tax=3D165 crv 2.0, 1997ccm (+198ccm); road tax=3D445 and I see insurances for

4x4 are more expensive

the only exception for crv diesel 2.2 where road tax=3D265 pounds

hm, I live in London.

with better view I believe crv could be easier to park, civic is more 'massive' (I see a peugeot 407 5door downstairs, civis is definetly more 'massive').

=A0If you live in an

ahhhhhhh. what do I want?!!! move out of London! have hens. and goats. just reality is London.

Guys, advise me on insurances! PLS!

Reply to
K.

That's why I have a bicycle! LOL Just not in premanent use - London is dangerous for cyclists... (and since I almost got killed...)

LOL

Reply to
K.

Use one of the comparative websites to get some quotes. Then try another. And another. They seem to compete after the first quote.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)
[...]

You would need to post so much information here to get any sort of meaningful answer that it would make much more sense to use a comparison site.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Best car I've ever had (compared to Fords, Honda, Mazda, Renault, ...) - love it to bits

Mine is a 2006, had it since new, don't plan to sell it anytime soon. Runs like new.

Not so keen on the style of the later models but that is my taste. Don't recall any faults with it, basic maintenance only (which I do myself).

Brian

Reply to
Brian Reay.

Believe it or not, but diesels don't work all that well in London traffic.

Mind you, neither do petrols.

Depending on budget, the answer is very likely to be a hybrid - especially if you can afford something new enough to avoid paying the congestion charge.

Reply to
SteveH

To Dave 'Use one of the comparative websites to get some quotes. Then try another. And another. They seem to compete after the first quote. '

I've tried, and they make no sense, they need loads of excessive info

- so I've tried, definetly (and lost patience). The only info they didn't need (so far) is the size of my shoe. I also treid chat with honda dealer, no wonder he didn't want to advise me straight ahead on insurances, because they want to sell a Car in the first place.

No problem. Ask what you need (reasonable data of course). I want 1.8 5 door civic, petrol, preferably a new one (17360 pounds), I want standard insurance (+anti thef+ breakdown cover--> if necessary(?) ). I'm 34 female, 12 years old driving license, no accidents 3 cars so far, live London E2, up to 10000 miles per year. Road tax is 165 pounds.

To compare, take the same car but 4 years old, same data.

Gawd guys, u surely have cars and insurances! What's the reason u don't want to share how much u pay for insurance? This way people are being 'made' for example on heating (homes), every home pays different price in same area, coz neighbour know nothing about each other.

Reply to
K.

LOL, that's why I have a bike man!

eeek, congestion zone is fairly small and I have no need to use it (well after 6pm anthing is possible that is...)

oh Dave, tell me what kind of need would draw me to face congestion zone?!

Reply to
K.

I had one, it was good at everything, brilliant at nothing & duller than the bible.

I just bought an Audi Allroad for winter, now that is some serious motor car, if you can afford the fuel on the 2.7 biturbo tiptronic :)

But the CR-V is a decent car, that generally requires not much more than regular maintenance.

Reply to
Nige

Because the variation between us is greater than the difference between the cars, that's why you'll want to use the comparison site. It'll be accurate

Reply to
Duncan Wood
[...]

How many Civic owners do you think have exactly those characteristics,

*and* read this NG?

I'm perfectly willing to share with you the fact that I paid 248UKP at last renewal for my car insurance; how will that help you?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan