Immobiliser on 1996 Discovery

The immobiliser on my 1996 Discovery is being very temperamental. It locks OK with the fob button, but when I unlock with it, the driver's door lock comes up as normal, but the door refuses to open, in spite of the fact that all the other doors do. I have to re-lock, and then unlock with the fuel tank key, and be ready on the fob button when I open the door, before the alarm screams out. Any suggestions?

Reply to
grahamreeves

That sounds like a mechanical problem with the lock mechanism itself - or the linkages to it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

There's a circular spring inside the lock that breaks. It stops the lock staying in place. Couple of quid off ebay and a couple of hours work.

John

Reply to
John Greystrong