Immobiliser

I want to change the immobiliser code on my Peugeot 106 Diesel as the default code is really easy to guess. Is there any way to do this without going to a garage?

Jeannie

Reply to
Jeannie

I'm not a car thief or anything. I want to change the code becasue the last time I took the car to the garage, I forgot to tell the mechanic the immobiliser code. When I returned to the garage, the mechanic had already punched the code in without me telling him what it was!! Apparently all the keypads are set to a certain code as the factory default which I don't think is very much use as if the mechanic knows the code, I'm sure more unsavory types also know it!

Reply to
Jeannie

Doesn't matter. I have found out how to change the code.

Reply to
Jeannie

Well let us all know how to change it! Its not entirely about asking, its about giving info as well. Archive material can be very useful with Google.

Reply to
wains

Reply to
mindwipe