Immobiliser on LR County

Hi all One of my friends immobiliser on his LRC seems to have packed up. Thats what the RAC tell him anyway. Now, I am not expecting anyone to tell me how to do it on a public forum, but... Does anyone know if it can be bypassed in the same way that the MGRovers can, by using the key in the door and using a code?

Ady

Reply to
ady

You probably need to give a little more information County is a trim level which can apply to Disco Defender ( ok I know strictly speaking a 90/110 county is not a defender ) or Rangie- type and year would help -Nige has some experience of these problems and others have also suffered at the hands of mobile phone masts which may do all sorts of nasties to the alarm/immobiliser circuit have a look at

for some of the fun and games. Derek

Reply to
Derek

for some of the fun and games.>

Hi Derek and thanks for that, I will take a look through that link and see if I can unearth anything for him. Sorry I wasn't too descriptive, I know its a 110 County Station Wagon 1996 (I think?) - is that enough to go on?

Ady

Reply to
ady

> for some of the fun and games.>>

Sounds familiar there have been various posts about the wiring spider doing the dirty

Derek

Reply to
Derek

I once had an intermittent on my 110 County (300Tdi) and I did a get home fix which involved running a wire from the cigarette lighter socket to the terminal on the fuel pump.

Later, I wired this in via a hidden switch under the dashboard which avoided all problems.

David

Reply to
David