Mondeo clutch

A friend has a Mondeo diesel 2.00 and recently asked me for a second opinion on the clutch. The car is on a 04 plate and has hit 100,000 miles.

I have never felt such a horrible clutch in my life. It just doesn't feel right at all.

Friend put it in a quick clutch clinic who said that the clutch was perfectly normal for a Mondeo. ( I drive a Peugeot)

I can't quite explain it. The clutch has enough 'bite' but is very heavy and bites as soon as the pedal starts to come up. I.e. very low.

I can understand the dealer who sold the car trying to fob it off but not a clutch clinic.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Thomas

Well if it's not worn it should bite at the bottom of the travel.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

The clutch gets 'grabby' when the dual mass flywheel wears. From the outside of the car you may hear a clatter from the DMF as the car pulls away.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

In message , Mrcheerful writes

Good to see you back Mr C.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

+1, some of us were beginning to worry.....
Reply to
Newshound

Including me, because when somebody commented on your disappearance around Xmas, I suggested you had gone for a Father Xmas job, then when you didn't appear I was expecting some flak from your fans if something bad had happened. ;-)

Reply to
Gordon H

I was thinking next the Easter Bunny.

Reply to
Rob

It's good to see you back, and I hope you are OK.

David

Reply to
David