Mondeo dashboard CUP HOLDER REPAIR

Dear Mondeo friends,

My Mondeo 2 liters diesel of year-end 2000 has almost 220 thousand kilometres on the counter and has given me only little problems over the past years. Currently I have a very disturbing problem with the dashboard CUP HOLDER. For some reason the cup holder pops out right after having it pushed in. It should only come out after having pushed twice etc...

Does anyone have experience on this problem? HOW CAN I GET ACCESS TO THE CUP HOLDER MECHANISM WITHOUT HAVING TO DISASSEMBLE TOO MANY PARTS?

Pls. advise if you know how to handle.

Best regards from a happy Mondeo driver in Holland,

Ted

Reply to
Ted

A dab of araldite rapid usually solves the problem.

Reply to
Slurp

If you can't work that out you should think seriously about whether you should be drinking coffee...

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Take the gaiter off the gearstick. Take the gearbox cowling off. Undo 3 = screws on cup holder and unit pulls out in one.

Thats for a 2003 TDCi hope yours is as easy.

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Thanks Mark,

This is the information I need. Yes, the 2003 TDCi console is exactly the same. This will do the job!

Regards,

Ted

Reply to
Ted