Re: Audi A4 Rear Discs

Phil,

I had a bad experience with Eurocarparts. I ordered a radiator for my car. Gave them the correct specs.

The radiator came and i handed it over to my m8 (who works for peugeot). He said straight away it was the wrong one. I called eurocarparts but they are insistant its correct. My m8 asked the guy who deals with parts in peugeot who said there are 3 model radiators for my year of car.

This might not make much sense, but I'll try anyway. > > I've got a 1996 A4 Tdi in need of new rear discs and pads. I got the > parts from Eurocarparts and took them round to my friendly mechanic. > > He has tried to fit the discs but syas he thinks they are the wrong > ones and not for the ABS model. I've rang ECP who checked the discs > against the engine and chassis no. and they say they are right. > > The problem is he says is due to the ABS 'plate' at the back of the > disc. This isn't on the new discs so he is unsure if he has to press > it off the old discs and use it again on the new disc or if it should > come 'on' the discs as a cast unit. > > > Engine code: AFN > The discs bought were Guttmann, EuroCarParts no. 104440591 > > Any help appreciated. > philboyd snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk
Reply to
Bob

press

should

There are several cars where the abs ring can be swapped over, vauxhalls spring to mind. Providing there is the correctly machined bit on the disc or drum then there should be little problem changing it. I would imagine that the abs ring is expensive to make, so the pattern companies cut costs by not supplying it.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

The ABS ring should just knock off with a drift through one of the bolt holes and fit onto the new discs. One of my rings was cracked so I had to get another one - it's a dealer only part.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Fiddaman