seat abiza fob reprogramme

I have a seat (52 plate) the battery went on my fob - put new battery in, main dealer said I now have to have this reprogrammed (£100) is there anyway round this?

Fluke

Reply to
fluke

Have a close read of you owners manual. If it was a new key, then yes, you'd need the £100 programming to code the key to the immobiliser (there are third parties that can do this as well, but prices are similar). ISTR that if the key is already programmed in, there's a resync procedure in the book.

(I'm basing this on what i think I remember from my Audi A3 manual, so I might be wrong)

Reply to
Chris Bartram

have a look at

they should be able to help. Do a search for "key programming", or something like that.

Reply to
Strangely Brown

Try holding the 'open' button while turning the key in the ignition to position 2.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts