FOB

The battery in my 02 Passat key FOB is getting weak. I was able to pry apart the FOB but could not see where to access the battery to check the size.

Does anyone have experience with it ? Is it simply a battery change with no reprogramming etc ... ?

Reply to
Steve G.

I don't know about your car, but for my '95 Buick I just simply replaced the battery. No reprogramming involved, but make sure you get the same battery type as the original.

Reply to
Papa

As far as programming goes I believe it's the car that gets programmed for the fob.

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo

Just swap the batteries, that's all there is to it.

Just curious, why do you capitalize "fob"?

Reply to
Brian Running

Reply to
Steve G.

try this:

C_S

try this:

C_S

Thanks for putting this up...I almost broke mine too...wish I had this first!

Speaking of FOB's...any idea why I can unlock the doors on my Eurovan from across a parking lot, yet I almost have to be next to my 02 jetta to get it to unlock or lock. Replaced batteries, and it is the same with both keys.

Reply to
Tony Bad

Reply to
Steve G.

Steve that was very rude of you to capitalize fob. FOB is an acronym for "Fresh off the boat". It is an infammatory comment, a derogatory term for immigrants in the USA.

I am insulted by the fact that you capitalized FOB and used it as the main subject line. How dare you be so insensitive and tactless. In fact everyone in the USA is an immigrant at one point or another (ancestors). The only people here who didn't immigrate were the American Indians who were rounded up and murdered by the white europeaners who stole the land from them.

East-

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

You asshole. It's not a "FOB"! It's a "Key fob". Why are you a xenophobe? Are you a racist?

East-

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

Man, you need to take an inward look. Why all the anger? Calm down. I'm sure nothing was intended by capitalization.

Reply to
Papa

You were trolled.

Reply to
Tom's VR6

Holy shit dude. Been smokin' much crack lately?

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

And, if he really thought about it, the Indians were immigrates too. What do you think, they sprouted up from the ground. Check into history, King Soloman to be exact.

Cecil

Reply to
Detailing Dude

Reply to
Steve G.

This group doesn't get too many head cases like that -- other newsgroups are full of 'em.

I always think of FOB meaning free on board, as in "the price includes the cost of shipping." And, I thought the Friends of Bill was a nickname for Alcoholics Anonymous.

There might not be much useful VW info in this group, but boy, the other things you can learn.

Reply to
Brian Running