so i have my car warming up and the nextdoor neighbor

so i have my car warming up and the nextdoor neighbor at 1068 fox meadow way. concord,ca 94518 trys to steal my car and he said he was just turning the car off to save me gas - i should have shot the asshole.

Toyota President Obama sex offender Arrest Information

outside camera security system crime cops gangsters auto theft stolen cars grand theft auto police Penal Code 487d1 & Vehicle Code 10851, 10852

Reply to
terry

So not only are you stupid enough to leave a vehicle running with the key in it, you then told this NG in the United Kingdom about it...

FFS why?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Because he's a troll.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

So we can wait at his neighbour's address for some idiot at the house next door to leave his car running, and steal it, duh.

But why would leaving the vehicle running without the key in it be any better?

Reply to
David Taylor

I know, but there's not been much traffic on Usenet today, and I'm waiting in for a parcel :-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Many US vehicles (and some UK ones in the past) have a lock that enables the key to be removed in the running position.

You could then turn the ignition off using the outside of the lock, which formed a sort of knob; the key would be required to restart it. It was meant for exactly the sort of situation where you would leave an unoccupied car running; clearly not a sensible thing to do now.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

The old vauxhall victors used to have that feature , infact i think you could set it so that you didnt need to use a key to start it

Reply to
steve robinson

In message , Chris Whelan writes

Which is what the Stig apparently did when he delivered a sports car to the boyos for one of their races. Engine running, - doors locked.

He got the Golden Cock award for that. ;-)

Reply to
Gordon H

He's a fat yank cumsponge?

Reply to
Nige

It can be much, much colder in parts of the US than it is, even on the coldest days, here. There's a big requirement to be able to start the car and leave it to warm up, but I thought this was done with a remote and the engine would stop if the car was put into gear?

I'm curious that nobody rose to the bait about shooting someone for interfering with the car. It seems a bit OTT to me, but maybe I'm just a limey wimp?

Reply to
GB

You are. In a country where guns are freely available, people have been shot dead for much less.

Reply to
The Revd

During the war he'd have saved you a spell behind bars for failing to immobilise a vehicle, thus making it available to a fifth columnist.

Reply to
Arty Effem

Start the car, leave the key in and lock it with the spare key.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

google news shows a 'translate to English' option, but it's doesn't seem to work for this post. Any ideas ?

Reply to
mr p

to shoot then burn 1068 one more bad guy gone

9876549999888889999999999999 more to get
Reply to
terry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- Apparently one mearkin shot his wife dead when he realized she had forgotten to fill the car with petrol.

Reply to