Tow Bar wanted for BMW

Can anyne help me I have a BMW 3 series touring 1990 model and I need a tow bar for it. I dont want to pay out for a new one so a cheapy second hand one would be good. many thanks. Gary

Reply to
GAZ1012

GAZ1012 ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Tightwad. A new one's less than £50. You'd almost certainly need to replace the electrics on a used one anyway.

Reply to
Adrian
£50 where? The cheapest I can find is £75. Believe me I have reasons for not having £75 to spare but I wont bore you with them. Gazza
Reply to
GAZ1012

To be fair, trusting a second hand tow bar (when new ones are seventy five notes) may well turn out to be false economy.

Seventy five notes isn't much more than a tank and a half of fuel for the BMW, surely?

Don't get me wrong, saving money is a useful thing, however if money is _that_ tight, perhaps selling the BMW for something with a tow bar and diesel donk is a better, more financially prudent, option?

Reply to
DervMan

In news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, DervMan decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

It would involve ownership of a diesel. The idea is therefore to be shunned by all right thinking people.

Reply to
Pete M

GAZ1012 ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Towsure.

Reply to
Adrian

In news: snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk, Guy King decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Ewwwww!

I owned a diseasel once. Got given it.

K reg Pug 405 it was. Bloody awful thing. Rattly, loud, uncouth, smelly, lethally slow, vibratory and generally 'orrible.

Sold it to a geezer who reckoned it was the best 405 Diseasel he'd ever driven..

Good on fuel, admittedly, but I was that desperate to get out of the thing I'd have gladly paid twice the fuel to not have to drive it.

Petrol taxes should be removed from petrol, and diesel taxes tripled at the very least. Quadrupled would be better.

Reply to
Pete M

The message from "Pete M" contains these words:

A laudable aim for all.

Reply to
Guy King

Lethally slow?

I know you don't mean that. Otherwise, there would be nobody driving them.

Therein is the point.

Perhaps you should set yourself a tight motoring budget to appreciate some of the finer points? :-/

Absolutely not. Petrol is thin weany stuff that requires a spark for ignition. I tolerate the petrol engine in the Ka because there was no alternative when we bought it.

Reply to
DervMan