Tyres

Somebody posted on here a while ago a tyre company that came round to your house/office and changed your tyres for you, at the time i looked and their prices seemed good. Trouble is now i need new tyres i cant remember the company name and cant find it via google, so is there any chance somebody can remind me.

Thanks in advance

Chris.

Reply to
Chris

Somebody posted on here a while ago a tyre company that came round to your house/office and changed your tyres for you, at the time i looked and their prices seemed good. Trouble is now i need new tyres i cant remember the company name and cant find it via google, so is there any chance somebody can remind me.

Thanks in advance

Chris.

Reply to
Chris

??

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

eTyres

a look at the history of different tyre manufacturers too. Afascinating read!

By the way, if you do decide to give the custom to them, would you report back to this group your experience with them? Thanks.

Reply to
Lin Chung

Sorry, Andy, I didn't see your post before I clicked "Send" for mine.

Reply to
Lin Chung

Don't know what'd happened: my original post which appeared alongside yours has now vanished! Couldn't make it reappear. Here is my original reply:

eTyres

a look at the history of different tyre manufacturers too. Afascinating read!

By the way, if you [Chris] do decide to give the custom to them, would you report back to this group your experience with them? Thanks.

Reply to
Lin Chung

I have had two pairs of tyres fitted to my car by etyres in the last year and their service has been excellent. A colleague was suitably impressed and used them when he needed a new set of tyres. They came to our company and fitted the tyres in the car park.

They do what they say on the van.

Brian

Reply to
brian.hall

I forgive you ! ;-)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

Will do, will have to wait for payday though!!!!

Reply to
Chris

I've used them recently. 80 quid overall cheaper for a set of 4 continentals than the cheapest "high street" name that I could find for our Mitsubishi Space Star. Totally impressed at the service. Not an air hammer in sight for bolt work - it was an electric cordless to put the bolt on to finger tight - then a torque wrench from thereon in.

Service faultless, really nice chap, gave me some useful ideas for tyres for another car too.

2 other people i know have since used them and been very happy.

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

They do charge good money for there services, was your decision to use them solely based on them coming to you rather than you going to a tyre shop?

Reply to
Fred

Hi Fred

I phoned around my local tyre places and found that the price etyres quoted was close to the best within a few pence. The fact that I didn't have to drive to a fitting centre and wait was really just an added bonus.

Brian

Reply to
brian.hall

I've found the opposite - my local independent tyre place (Bracknell Tyre + Battery) was actually a fair bit cheaper than when I last checked against the likes of etyres/mytyres. Queue? No problem - chuck a bike in the back of the car/van and cycle back when it's done.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I looked at some of the prices on eTyres and I thought they were expensive compared to what static fitting centres charge, I guess it must be done on a franchise basis but I am surprised that you found them competitive. Could you tell me what brand/size and how much you were charged?, I am interested to see just how much profit there is in the mobile fitting game.

Reply to
Fred