Wanted, cheap KMX or DT 125 bike

Sorry to go off topic a bit,

we're after a cheap motorbike to pass our sests on then cart about oin the back of the motorhome for cheaper transport when we're camping,

Looking for a scruffy but road legal trials style bike (or able to get road legal again.. i.e not a teenagers bodged up field bike conversion where they cut every wire in sight, and bin anything electrical thinking they are doing a good thing)

just wondering if anyone has one, or knows of one for sale?

what were after can't be found in most bike shops, they only want pristine bikes, and sell them for no less than a grand,

a Yamaha DT 125 or Kawasaki KMX 125 would be ideal.. the kmx is my favorite as i used to have one,

but we only have around £500 to spend, i'm not scared of spanner work, but one with a running engine would be nice :) scruffy panels etc not a problem at all, just not a total basket case please.

I've tried every bike shop near me, faffed about on ebay for a week (i really hate ebay, i want to just want to find a bike in my price range, view it, and if it's ok, buy it there and then, not spend 5 days bidding against the owner of it on a different account name, and loose out by a fiver at the last minute)

i live near nottingham, but we'll travel almost anywhere for the right bike.. just made up a tow bar for the van just so we can use a trailer to collect the bike.. no one has a valid cbt anymore in our family, Going to london on sunday for example.

Anyone have one, or know of one, you can e-mail me on: gary AT kampenwagen DOT co DOT uk

Don't try to auto reply, as the addy in the newsreader is obviousely fake.

Reply to
CampinGazz

10/10 for effort, but you were told on UKRM that such a thing doesn't exist..... and I think we probably know best over there.
Reply to
SteveH

yes it does...

Scott Mills

"Professionally converted for off-road use" - ie. missing a couple of hundred pounds worth of bits to make it road legal. Also completely shagged by being ragged off-road with little maintenance.

"No longer available" - reached £500 before being pulled - wouldn't have sold for less than a grand if it were any good.

Reply to
SteveH

Opening bid was set at £500, he obviously had a much better off-ebay offer.

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

Which just goes to show that you don't get a decent, cheap, 125cc off-roader.

Reply to
SteveH

Reply to
Adam Aglionby