Bike rack wanted

Hi, I'm in the UK (Ireland, really) and looking for a bike rack, for 2 bikes to attach to my Cherokee Jeep (not the Grand Cherokee) the box shaped one about 1997 or so. I could swan down to my local Jeep dealer with a jumbo slug o' cash in my pocket, but I know they would take the cash, and then keep me waiting 3 months for the rack. I'm sure there must be some kind of equivelant that won't use up my ENTIRE holiday cash?

All hlpe appreciated!

Tks Derek

Reply to
derek

derek did pass the time by typing:

Who needs a bike rack? :)

:) These are good.
Might ask a local bike store, they should have ones that fit into the standard 2" receiver.

Reply to
DougW

Doug, thanks for that, but they only ship domestic.

What's a standard 2" receiver?

I'll try the local bike stoer.. but... I live in the sticks!

Tks

Reply to
derek

The US has a more sensible system of towing attachments, whereby the towbar is in two pieces; a vehicle attachment culminating in a 2" internal diameter square box (the receiver) and a 2" square rod with a towball on the end. It means you can put other things into the reciever such as a bike rack or even a toilet (check out the infamous 'bumper dumper' if you don't believe me) !

Reply to
Dave Milne