2006 MX-5 Shocks / Repair Shop

To make a long story short, I need new rear shocks for my 2006 MX-5. I have 17" rims and do not believe I have the sport suspension. NTB had my car for over a week and only found one shock out of California for my car and they had to ground ship it. I picked my car and left after they called me this morning and said the car was ready and then when I got there they had not done anything. I live in Southwest Houston. Can anyone recommend a place I can take my car to get new shocks/struts? Is is really that difficult to find shocks for a 2006 Mazda MX-5? I see Miata's all over the place out here, I can't imagine that there are not shocks in the Houston area for a Mazda. Should I take it to a dealer, or order shocks myself and have someone install? Any recommendations? Thanks.

Reply to
Raover

New shocks for an 06? Already? Bad roads? Anyway, there might be a run on the stock replacement shocks. I ran into that with a 89 MPV years back. Seemed that there was a high failure rate. Look at Miata.net for possible suppliers.

Reply to
Chuck

Reply to
Raover

Isn't that a warranty issue at 36k? If leaking, I would think so. Might even be able to get them to cover the pair since you cant put a new with an old in the back.

cd

99bbb

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo