Daytime Running Lights in 2006 MX-5

I haven't bought my shop manual and wiring diagrams yet (and at the price my dealer quoted I may not but that is a different problem). Was wondering if anyone knows how to enable DTR in the new MX-5. I suspect that Mazda didn't go to the trouble to differentiate the Canadian vehicles for this feature so it may be enabled by a simple jumper plug, relay, or fuse somewhere. Am I on the right track with this idea? I actually like the idea of DTR and would like to use it although I know that many dislike the "big brother" aspect of it. TIA.

Reply to
John McGaw

Twist the light lever to the first indent to turn on your parking lights. Or turn your headlights on all the time when you drive. But it won't make much difference - some people still fail to see my galaxy gray NC during the day with the lights on and the horn blaring. I know this isn't the answer you wanted to hear, but it involves the least amount of effort....

Reply to
Fabiano

Try removing most of the exhaust system. Has been working for Harley riders for years now!

Reply to
Mal Osborne

If you define "working" as pissing off almost everybody else on the road, yea, it's working. Personally, I don't think pissing of the drivers of vehicles weighing 5-10X as much as my motorcycle is all that bright an idea.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

It wouldn't work anyway, because the public is not afraid of Miata drivers. No one wants to mess with a Harley rider (even though he's probably a dentist or accountant in real life). They still remember Altamont.

What would a Miata gang do? Pelt you with brie?

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Hahaha... or give you a really unflattering haircut.

Reply to
Dave MacLeod

Maybe throw empty wine bottles? Bet that would hurt!

Reply to
Fabiano