2006 mx-5

I just bought a 2006 MX-5 and I have to say I have never enjoyed a car more..........ZOOM ZOOM

Reply to
MX-5

Is'nt it fun... I just picked one up on Saturday on a bit of a whim. It's funny, I was inclined to pick up the new Pontiac but the stealers around here want 5K over sticker. Well they can stick their sticker - I ran straight to the Mazda dealer and paid invoice for a fantastic roadster.

Reply to
Dano

MX-5 wrote: >

...two big issues to worry about though: 1.) sunburn's gonna get you, and 2.) you're apt to smile so much your face muscles get sore.

But after a while the novelty will wear off and you'll get used to it. Or so I'm told; it's only been six years and three months since I first drove a Miata, but I expect to get all blase about driving this car any time now.

Yours WDK - snipped-for-privacy@ij.net

Reply to
W. Kiernan

Nine years, five months here. Still waiting....

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

43+ years here since the first Triumph, 15+ since first Miata, still waiting...

-- Larry '95R

Reply to
pltrgyst

I've only had my Miata for less than a month. The commute from work is only 10 miles and by the time I get home I'm in a whole different frame of mind. Just sitting in it and looking out over the fenders, listening to those four angry little cylinders, everything about it is great. I love it.

Reply to
Carbon

My first miata is the only car that I ever made all 48 payments on without grumbling. It drove better 4 years later than it did when I bought it.

Not too much longer after being paid off, it commited mutual suicide with a large deer and was one less '96M on the road. I have been parting it out slowly and pieces of it are now in about 12 different U.S. states and 5 or 6 other countries, plus I am still using a number of the parts on my current miata. :-)

Now, with title in hand, the money saved on car payments goes towards premium gas for the turbo, synthetic oil for the same, and much more expensive tires before long. It also seems to use much more fuel whenever I floor it for some reason....

Pat

Reply to
pws

nothing blase' there eh?!

Pat, there's allot of positive comments on the NC .................maybe it's time to start up those payments again? ;-)

Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

I think that I want the Spyder. I never liked convertibles until the miata, and the top is still a negative for most people until it is down, and it is not as good as a non-fabric top when it is up. I love driving top-down, but only when it is comfortable, which is about

50% of the time where I live, at least during the daytime.

Baking all day in the hot sun, A/C or not, and driving top-down when it gets uncomfortably cold are not my thing. I am now thinking that the folding hardtop would be used quite a bit. Sure it adds 87 pounds to the car, but I probably weigh about that much less than the average American anyway. :-)

The only other disadvantage to the folding hardtop that I can see is that the top color will fade at a slower rate than the rest of the car, especially if it is left down a lot. Not a very big deal to me, but maybe something to consider. I would probably at least wax it more often than the rest of the car.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Make that, I would probably wax the rest of the car more often than the folding hardtop. It is late......

Pat

Reply to
pws

What a great line :) You should try a RoadsterSport exhaust, they sound even angrier.

Jim

2006 MX-5 Sport
Reply to
George Jetson

Lanny Chambers wrote in news:lanny- snipped-for-privacy@newsclstr02.news.prodigy.com:

A week shy of nine years for me.. no blase-ness in sight.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott Hughes

Blase? We're supposed to get blase? Hmmm, I must have missed that page in the owner's manual.

Eleven years, 4 months for my Miata and me. And no blase in sight.

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva