An Announcement

Ladies and Gentlemen,

After spending long months, lurking in this group, (mostly) keeping my mouth shut, I finally have true reason to speak up...

I am now the proud owner of a '97 STO w/ only 37K on the clock. I claimed the car as mine nearly 12 hours ago. Since then, I have toured highways, sideroads and paved surfaces in-between. I capped the day introducing myself to the newest member of my family in the best way possible -- handwashed, chamoised, waxed and detailed.

(I wonder if the wife will think I've lost it if I sit on the front porch staring all night...)

Methinks I shall name her, Chouki...

- L

"Oh bother," said Pooh Bear when he saw the mushroom cloud...

// Change TEJAS to TX to reply via eMail //

Reply to
L Bader

Congratulations! :)

After the runner?

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Leon -

Thanks for the sentiment. -- I would have replied sooner, but have been working on my tan / touring my corner of South Texas...

Actually, I was thinking of the traditional Japanese translation of CHIOUKI -- "Favored Mistress".... ;-)

- L

"Oh bother," said Pooh Bear when he saw the mushroom cloud...

// Change TEJAS to TX to reply via eMail //

Reply to
L Bader

Good one. Apply sunscreen and have fun.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Congrats and welcome to the community.

Reply to
Per K. Nielsen

Call me up next time...

Reply to
Per K. Nielsen

lrbader....

are you aware of the san antonio miata club? ...check this out...

run scheduled for Sunday morning (weather permitting...see eventscalendar)

regards,,, dave remove the obvious from my address to reply by email

Reply to
Dave Hansen

Per K -

...and just what do you have in mind? ;-P

- L

'97 STO, "Chouki"

// Change TEJAS to TX to reply via eMail //

Reply to
L Bader

Dave -

Thanks for the invite.

I actually attended a Bluebonnet meeting about a year ago. I just didn't think it right to attend regularly if I didn't have a Miata. (Even though I know I would have been welcomed regardless...)

I missed the meeting on Tues, because I thought the meetings were the LAST Tues, vice the FOURTH Tues. I plan to be at July's meeting, unless I am on the road to South Padre for some deep sea fishing with my Brother.

Regardless, I expect to see you at the Hungry Farmer soon!

- L

'97 STO, "Chouki"