ECM Bad after 2 months

Well it seems the ECM has been the problem with setting code 41. One of the Goodwrench's hooked up his digital voltmeter to the BC 5 terminal on the ECM. The proper voltage was obtained with the key on, engine off.

I started the car up, voltage remained the same. A litlte slap on the ECM and the voltage dropped, the car began to miss fire, sputter then the idle shot way up. Another slap of the ECM and the car stalled.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~281,040 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Are you positive it's not an ECM grounding problem? It tends to be a recurring problem with GM's.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

Ground wire seemed tight & clean.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~281,040 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

There must be multiple ground leads/wires in the ECM connector & wiring harness, no?

-- markwb

2001 Bonneville SLE

Reply to
markwb

I'll be checking more wires tonight & tomorrow, tearing off the black plastic loom in different areas. Last night I brought the car to the goodwrench Wednesday night. The car would not accelerate. He tested the coil & said one of them was showing 8 ohms and 10-11 on the other two. I think its supposed to be 14 ohms.

At least this laatest ECM seems to be alright, no stalling when you slap the ECM.

Put a new coil pack ( AC Delco - made in China, $96 ) on today the car run great for 3 hours, I went to Walgreens around 2pm and the car was hesitating going there, had to keep my foot on the gas, in front of Walgreens it shut off by itself.

No problems starting the car.

I'm 73.1% ready to trade it in.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~281,040 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

The coil ohms are 11 (eleven) on my 3.3.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

There's a '04 Caddy DTS waiting in Madison, WI :-)

Reply to
Dennis Smith

Tonight the car run like it was on the oval at Indy.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~281,040 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

It must have known what you were thinking. Sometimes driving them past shredder at the junkyard helps. But if you feel a tug in the wheel towards the entrance as you drive by, it is time to get rid of it. Sort of like a Weegee board.

Lee Richardson

Reply to
Lee Richardson