rear brake problems

I have been having some brake problems on a '91 Miata. It occasionally locks up the rear brakes. I changed the pads and took a look at the caliper pistons. They seem to slide fine when I use the hex key to back them off/on. The lower caliper slider/pin was a little rusty so I cleaned it off with some fine wet'n dry and re-greased it. What I can't seem to do is remove the upper caliper slider/pin. It does not seem to be a bolt like the lower one. I can only assume it is meant to simply slide out when one takes the calipers apart. Unfortunately it doesn't on mine. This suggests to me that it is the culprit. How would I go about getting it off? TIA

Dan

Reply to
Dan