Need recommendations: Mazda 3 S or Toyota Corolla?

Folks, my wife has decided that we need a smaller car, one that gets better mileage than my truck. She's focused on Toyota, due to brand and resale value. I think Corolla is a good car, but looking at some of the reviews, they are lackluster - no spunk, no handling, no excitement. Probably good reliability and little maintenance. How about the Mazda 3 S or I? Reliable? How are the maintenance requirements, other than normal oil changes? I'm looking at a manual trans, with the 2.3 160 Hp engine - any negatives on this car? Roomy enough for a 6'3" guy to drive once in a while? Any comments would be appreciated. r/ Steve

Reply to
GreenGas

As far as reliability and customer satisfaction go, Consumer Reports gives the Mazda3 their highest score...for whatever that's worth!

I'm biased, however. I fell in love with the 3 and am picking up my Copper Red Mica 5-speed GT sedan next week!

Reply to
DWJ