MB Car Care

Everything you need to detail your Mercedes.

Reply to
Gene

What's so special about MBs that they need expensive "care" products? Porsche's are very happy with Meguiar products. I intend to buy a MB sortly and would like to know. Thanks...

Reply to
Don.

These products are packaged Meguiars for and approved by Mercedes-Benz and sold as part of the MB product line. I'm sure most of them are similar or even the same products you are using on your Porsche just as I'm sure that your Meguiars brand products will work just fine with your new Mercedes. Unfortunately, we don't get information about any differences or product cross-over.

As you know, Meguiars offers a number grades of cleaners and polishes, offering a wide range of choice to their generic retail customer. The Mercedes-Benz / Meguiars products simplify the choice by narrowing the offering to those products that they have tested. In the Mercedes line there is one car shampoo, one paint cleaner, one paint polish etc.

We find that is of value to our clients and hope that you will too when you get that new MB. Which model are you looking at?

Gene

Reply to
Gene

Hi Gene, thanks for the reply.

I'm looking at a 1987 E400 for $8,800 (US). I'm going over today to drive it, the owner said I could have it all day if my insurance checks out and I leave my car with him. It's now 3:45 in Idaho, USA, and I'm getting a mite anxious. ;-)

I use Meguiars almost exclusively, and most all are available from our local NAPA dealer. I just got a catalog from them and couldn't believe how their line has expanded. Then yesterday I received a catalog from

*Griot's Garage* that looks identical except for the labeling and containers. I guess Maguiars is getting some competition and is expanding to meet the competition.
Reply to
Don.

I hope that E is what you're looking for. Good luck.

Reply to
Gene

HUH? Mind telling me what you mean; is that good or bad? I don't know brown from Shinola about the various models of Mercedes. I know Porsche and BMW but not Mercedes.

PS. E-mail messages are hard to follow if someone changes from bottom posting to top posting, especially when that top post is only one line.

Reply to
Don.

All good, no hidden message, no reading between the lines.

We all should drive what we really want to drive so GOOD luck in finding that ride. I like all Mercedes, always have, slow fast, truck or car, diesel or gas, AMG or standard production.... fine cars since 1886. Go for it!

Want some car care products?

Gene

Sorry, Gene, I guess I'm too used to friendly message from other alt.autos. NGs. Right now I'm all hot and bothered about the new E350 that was highlighted in our local paper. Only thing wrong with it that I can see is that I *won't* afford it. It sounds like a nicely engineered return of the more efficient 6-cylinder engine with the

7-speed automatic transmission.

I drove a '97 E400 yesterday and didn't like the stearing. I know it's not supposed to handle like a Porsche, but the lack of strong self centering bothered me. Guess I'm too pickey.

Interestingly enough it had a cassette/radio and today in Wired I read the that mag tape manufactures are entering hard times in deference to DVDs and audio editing software.

Also that Porsche is offering a "Swiss" knife with a 512MB USB memory stick. I'm 75 and new technology is blowing me away. :-D

Reply to
Don.

That E350 is a really nice car and it's hard not to love a well engineered 6 cyl. That 350 is a particularly nice one.

As for tunes.... Sirius Satellite radio is my favorite. I find that I almost don't need FM, a cassette or CD player. It's great.

Gene

Reply to
Gene