190E 2.3 coolant leak

I've just replaced what I thought was a leaking water pump but I still have coolant slowly dripping off, as best as I can see, the back/motor side of the crankshaft pulley. I am now wondering if there could be a
core/freeze plug leaking somewhere in that area, if there even is one located around there. The timing cover is right there and I can't see where the leak is comming from. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be much appreciated. Thanks Brian