1986 300E How to prepare to lay to rest for winter

Hi
Here the winter is long (Nov to May) and temps can go down to -40C. What do I need to do to ensure there is no deterioration? The car will be in a
garage and I will be starting it up regularly - but how regularly?
Many thanks
SR
Once a month and let it run for 15 minutes.Also make sure you don't have any cracks or chips in your windscreen.If you have a lot of moisture in your garage or wash it before you let it run,the doors will freeze shut in moments which I am sure you are already aware of.Ensure that you have a proper mixture of antifreeze to prevent a boilover.I deal with the same temperatures and found this to be the best course of action!
Forgot to add;add a bottle of gas antifreeze before your last fill up.

Whew! Why not just move down south??
cp
I don't like the sun too much - nor terrorists. Here it is pretty stress free and a gentle pace of life. People say thank you to the bus driver when they get off and the driver wishes them a good day. Move? not on your life :)

Gas W116 will start at - 55 deg F with a windchill of - 80 deg F. without being plugged in.Maybe other MB can also?!?
At this temperature,you can take a cup of coffee piping hot and throw it in the air and before it can travel 1 foot,will turn into snow.
Funny thing is that tires freeze in the shape that they sit and when you leave its almost like you have wheel boots on all 4 tires which makes for quite a bumpy ride for a few blocks.
Now that you mention that tire freezing (the first time it happened to me in my Bonneville I thought the bearings had gone) I think it might be a good idea to jack up the car onto axel supports.

SR wrote:

house!
Ever seen a corvette shatter?I did at this temperature when it smacked into a plow truck,not a pretty sight.

Ouch! They do that at room temperature too though...

ha! That's why I almost moved to the Yukon! Maybe we still will; if stuff goes downhill here I'll be able to eat at least moose or something, and drive my diesel on whale oil ha!
cp
Thanks for the advice CaptainW116. Much appreciated.