1996 E320 CD Player Options

I just purchased a 1996 E320 but it doesn't have a CD player. I am interested in determining exactly what options are available and recommended in terms of adding a CD player, ideally a 6 CD changer in the trunk or something like that.
I'm new to the Mercedes world so I have no knowledge about this. All suggestions would be welcome.
RW
I took out the stock Mercedes cassette player (from my 96 E320) and dropped in a JVC MP3 Deck with FM/AM so you can pretty much stick anything you want in for a stereo. Since you can fit about 170 songs on one MP3 CD, and organize them by directory, you'll find you probably don't need the extra hassle of a trunk mounted 6 pack with cables etc.
RW wrote:

170 tracks! you're not trying very hard. The 1st one i did 4 years ago had 381 tracks but sadly my player then and now can only read the first 255 files on CD, so i limit myself to that. Agree with what you say though, CD stackers are old technology. DVD players, even if only for mp3 audio might be the next step though, and very soon.

Number of tracks depends on quality (kbps) at which they were converted to MP3. I have mixed rates in my library depending on the source, and most of the CD's I've burned have held 125 - 160 tracks. If all were at converted at 128 kbps or less, I could easily double that, but sound quality would suffer.
DS
You can interface a CHA-S624 Alpine 6 disc changer to it, with the correct adapter. It plays MP3s as well - there is no sense in limiting yourself to 1 MP3 CD when you can have 6 off the factory radio.
<DIV><FONT size=2>I just purchased a 1996 E320 but it doesn't have a CD player.&nbsp; I am interested in determining exactly what options are available and recommended in terms of adding a CD player, ideally a 6 CD changer in the trunk or something like that.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>I'm new to the Mercedes world so I have no knowledge about this.&nbsp; All suggestions would be welcome.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>RW</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Thanks Jeff,
That option makes the most sense. I often listen to books on CD on long trips so the MP3 player lacks the flexibility required. I'll check out the Alpine.
<DIV><FONT size=2>I just purchased a 1996 E320 but it doesn't have a CD player.&nbsp; I am interested in determining exactly what options are available and recommended in terms of adding a CD player, ideally a 6 CD changer in the trunk or something like that.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>I'm new to the Mercedes world so I have no knowledge about this.&nbsp; All suggestions would be welcome.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>RW</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=