2001 s500 outside temp sensor misreads temp

hello, my friend has a 2001 s500. he's noticed the outside temp sensor has started misreading the temp. today it's about 70 degrees, but the sensor reads -36 degrees!!
how do I fix this? should I change the sensor? where is sensor located?
Thank you,
Oskar