2003 C 320 problems

Are there any C320 owners experiencing electrical problems? Mine has about 6500 miles and the ac has been fixed twice for pushing continuous and uncontrollable hot air - once via the floor vents and once via the defrosters,
once for inoperable drivers seats and steering wheel tilt, and once for a total electrical failure and drained battery - which they can not explain. Walter Wise
Makes you feel pretty good about the next technological breakthroughs like brake-by-wire and steer-by-wire, doesn't it?

Most definitely! Walter Wise
On 03 Jul 2003 02:38:52 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (WPWise) wrote:

My 2002 C320 has not had any such problems and goes in to the dealer for it's first (scheduled) service next week.
Of course, the problems this guy is having and my lack of same do not lend any statistical weight to the issue.
Kal
rugbyguy wrote:

http://www.mbspy.com/ctsafety.htm
Juergen ---------------------------------------------
rugbyguy wrote:

No, not really. But the stragegy of not buying the "first-release" of a new design, be it software or cars, seems to work most of the time.
i.e. don't buy version X.0 software and don't buy the first-year release of any car model.
Seems to be particularly true for MB, IME. Of course, there are just versions to be avoided altogether.

Regards, WS
--
Change to leews to mail.

It seem to be vaccum problem. The vents are controlled by vaccum. Also the Vaccum lack that keeps the vaccum pump going even you pull out the ignition key. That may explain the battery drain.
To find out whether it is vaccum leak: just seat in the car (keeps the ignition key in your pocket) and hear any periodic motor noise. The Mercedes Benz dealership must know what wrong it is because it is not an odd case for MB. It happens in most 90s S class.
Keith Beast
Dear,
I am a bit unlucky with German cars recently. 5 years ago, I bought a BMW 325i, it ended up with serious electrical problem (plastic insulators cracked shorting circuit). Last year, a VW golf GTi, the bloody ignition coils failed twice a year. Finally a brand new C180 K, coolant leaked from engine head gasket! Is it a brand new car quality? But my 1988 300SEL is still running with little power steering oil leaks.
I can't trust German car makers' quality any more. An expensive car should be well engineered. My wife told me don't buy MB next time(Lexus perhaps). :)
Keith Beast

She's right. My brand new Mercedes has been a total nightmare. I'm trying to sell it now. I'll probably get a Lexus. MB quality is really bad at the moment - they're trying to produce too many cars and forgetting their basics. Look at their JD Power ratings - they're sinking faster than the Titanic.