electrical problems

Has anyone had any Electrical problems with there trailblazer? I have a

2006 and it has been in 6 times for service. When you turn it off it will not start, it is random, never know when it is going to happen. They have replaced the ignition switch and body control module. Lasted longest after the bcm was changed, but 2 weeks later started having problems again. They tell me they can't find anything. I think must be wiring.
Reply to
emtscott

I just had this. 1st they replaced the PCM (Power Control Module - Not sure if that's what you meant, as I've never heard of a body control module, but GM has strange names for things) and it worked for a day (Tech bulletin mentioned the same codes). Next they replaced the ignition switch (After 5 days, and GM breathing down their neck, as GM was paying for my rental). Haven't had any problems since.

I would have them check the ignition switch again, and check into the lemon laws in your state. I would suspect your real close to being able to get a new truck.

In the mean time, to fix the problem temporarily you can disconnect the battery, wait a few minutes then reconnect. Wait about 5 minutes, and the truck should start. (This process forces the PCM to reboot).

John

Reply to
John

Are there any dash lights(any) when it does not start?

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

there are no lights when it does not start. there is nothing electrical. the door locks don't work, nothing.

Reply to
emtscott