2003 T&C Limited Problems

I recently purchased a 2003 T&C Limited and noticed a few days from purchase that when in drive and at a stop when I go to take off gently it feels like the tranny is slipping like 3-4 little jerks and then all is fine. If I take of a little bit faster it does not jerk and takes off fine. Just seems to do this on a slow and gentle take off from a stand still about 5 Mph or so. Please help and let me know any suggestions on what I can do to correct this issue. I also am getting the service message to retrain my tires can someone tell me how that gets accomplished?

Thanks for your time, Jason

Reply to
Jason

Take the car to a Chrylser dealer and have them change the fluid. Tell them to use no additives, just the Chyrsler recommended fluid. See if that fixes it. Someone may have the wrong fluid in there. I assume you bought it used.

Reply to
Art

Reply to
Zork

Art,

Thanks for the advice I bought the van used from a Chrysler dealer. Should I still take it back and have them change fluid or do you think they are smart enough to use correct formula the first time? Thanks, Jason

Reply to
Jason

Is it under warranty? Some dealers routinely use an unapproved additive when they change fluids even though they use the right AT fluid so if you have no proof of what is in there I would have it changed.

Reply to
Art