99 E 320 Brakes

My E 320 has been in good shape for all 115000 miles.One annoying problem- there is a vibration in the brake pedal when I depress it; this improves after I powerwash the wheels.Does brakedust cake or somehow build up in the calipers?

Reply to
rwh

Something is either loose or not round or both. Warped rotors is in my opinion the most frequent cause of this.

I tried the ATE "power disk" slotted rotors and swear by them now, not onlyhave they lasted longer and not spalted badly in the snoe like all my Balo's did but they do seem to collect the dust in the grooves like they're supposed to. They not expensive.

Barring any loose metal parts in your suspension I'd say it's new rotor time.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

He said that power washing helped his issue. Seems more likely that it's something hanging like caliper sliding hardware is sticking due to dust causing the vibration.

Disassembling the caliper sliders and throughly cleaning them MIGHT be all that is required.

Then again it could just be a warped rotor and you are tripping on the power washing thing.

Reply to
Martin Joseph