Accidental over-rev, 430 engine

While descending a long hill the other day in my 2002 CLK430 AMG I moved the shifter down to "2" for some engine braking. When I got to the bottom of
the hill I made a RH turn and began accelerating away quickly to merge with existing traffic speed and forgot to either manually upshift. The car has pretty strong acceleration but when it hit the magic electronic redline it stayed there a 1/2 sec. to maybe a full second or so, until I realized what the problem was.
I hope I didn't hurt anything. Everything seems fine.
Can anybody reassure me? Or, should I run it by my dealer for an inspection?
Pat
I think that's an auto-limiter but more knowledgeable people will reply soon, no doubt.
DAS

It will have hit the rev limiter, which is specifically there to stop the engine over revving and disintegrating when this happens. It should be absolutely fine.

Thanks. I wonder why they even bother to paint a red-zone on the tach if the engine computer is going to watch out for the idiot driver.
Pat :-)