Attn: Moodputty --Pointer-- a.b.maps - MB MCS CD maps

Pointer:
Going up in alt.binaries.maps
MB MCS CD Nav maps Region 1 and 2. (see nfo below)
***************************************************** a.auto.mercedes sure is a dead group. Doesn't seem like anyone here knows
how, or cares to share tech info files with the rest of the group. I'm willing to post what I have, and I'm sure there must be a wealth of info out there. Come on guys!. MB is so stingy with info we have to help each other out.
IMHO, Yag
**************************************************************************************** NFO file:
Mercedes Benz MCS CD Navigation *******************************
Format: CD rom iso image file
*******************************
2001.1 S00014-0001-109     California, Nevada 2001.1 S00014-0002-109     Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming,Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New     Mexico
*******************************
For missing or incomplete parts, use PAR2 files with QuickPar to recover the parts before requesting repost.
**************************************************** The following links will assist you in learning how to download binary files, or get the tools you need.
http://www.help4newbies.fsnet.co.uk /
Winrar: http://www.rarlab.com /
Quickpar: http://www.quickpar.org.uk /
Nfo Reader:
Notepad or,
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/Text-editors/DAMN-NFO-Viewer.shtml
Yag -
Thanks for posting the maps. Those regions will do quite nicely. Still waiting for the newscene servers to catch up - only showing 0002-109 parts 14-16 and par2 files - which is strange cuz those were towards the end of your post. Checked my isp's servers and they(roadrunner) don't even carry a.bin.maps. Oh well... Thanks for your kindness.
moonputty
On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 16:09:20 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@incoherent.dk wrote:

Well hopefully they will propogate to your server soon. They are both complete on Giga and even bellsouth. Let me know in a few days if you are still missing pieces.
Yag
Thanks, I'll keep a look out of for them. It may be time for a new premium news service, although I've had newscene for several years and been pleased with retention rates. But you don't know what you may have missed until an occurance like this. Thanks for the offer and I'll let you know. Going to look into Giganews...
moonputty
On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 02:46:03 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@incoherent.dk wrote:

Yag -
Dropped newscene, signed up w/Giga, got them all. Thanks for your post and pointing me in the right direction.
moonputty
On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 02:46:03 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@incoherent.dk wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@incoherent.dk wrote:

WIS DVD's are something I would like to have too. Did not find them at ...ibm-pc.
Reg: Harri
Somebody finally breathing some new life into this group! Thanks a bunch, YAG... and keep those binaries coming! Rgds...pay
I thought you trucked around in a beemer. Whuter u doin lurkin in an mb ng?
Have you got a feel for how the retention rate is and storage size is in a.b.automobiles on fuse server? If I up 2 dvd's there do you think it will overflow it and keep them there for a reasonable time?
Yag
Sorry, Yag... Not a clue about a.b.automobile(s). Their current retention (both groups) seems to be ~30days on the fuse server, but there's only a couple of megs of pix in there.
Flood it, and I'll report back... Rgds...pay