central locking 190e f reg

on checking my central locking tubes i find that:on the single pipe going into a 3way rubber connection in front of the rhf seat,if i disconnect the pipe nearest to the rhf door and blank it off(3rd along)and pressurise the
single pipe going into the 3 i get no pressure reading.if i do this to the other pipes i get a reading.i have pressured the t piece to the pump and i get a reading to the rear of the car but not to the front.this tells me the rear door pipes are ok.My question is where does the non pressure pipe go to (it dissapears under the rhf seat)and if i replace this pipe will it all work again. thank you
You have not understood the diagram I mentioned. The 3-way connects to RF door, both doors at left, and back (toward pump). When vacuum or pressure is applied to tube, whatever the door lock connected on the other side should lock or unlock. Watching the door locks so you don't have to lift all carpets to figure out which tube goes where.
You tested right hand side. How about left? There is another multi-way connector in front of the front seat. Test there too.
The tube is very strong and will outlast the car, unless it is involved in accident or bad handling. NEVER pull off the tube unless you are 100% sure it is broken. To replace tube, you need to remove front seat (maybe both) and most carpets.
cococola wrote:

"The tube is very strong and will outlast the car, unless it is involved in accident or bad handling. NEVER pull off the tube unless you are 100% sure it is broken. To replace tube, you need to remove front seat
(maybe both) and most carpets. "
If this is the same small hard plastic tubing used for vacuum in the 116, it is indeed very tough. However, I just replaced the run in my 300SD that goes from the ignition switch to the engine shutoff on the injection pump (diesel). For the last year, the car would shut off fine when ambient temps were warm. Soon as it gets in the 40s it took longer to shut off. In the 30s, it wouldn't shut off at all.
Given this behavior I figured it most likely was the bellows on the injection pump shutoff. Upon investigating, as I was tracing the vac line back to the dash, it broke off in my hand, right where it goes through the firewall. It made a sharp turn at that point, which apparently created stress on the plastic, leading it to fail.
If anyone needs a source for this tubing, let me know. I couldn't find it any parts store, but located a great industrial supply.

Please identify the name, location, etc., of the industrial supplier.
Thanks for reminding me. Yes, I believe it is the same tubing used in the engine bay but the ones in passenger compartment are not subject to high heat therefore they can outlast the car. The ones in engine compartment may need renewal after 10-15 years.
There are also some rubber connectors. Their life is shorter than the plastic.