Changing Bulb (park & fog lights) on 2005 E320

Can anyone tell me how to replace the bulbs re: park lights and fog lights on a 2005 Mercedes E320? I successfully replaced the high and low beams (H7) w/ bright white PIAA bulbs. Also, what type of bulb does the park and fog lights take, H2?

Reply to
ricotik

raymond

The fog light should be easy... I know there is a engine cover, but at each foglight position, there is a small flap you can open to access the foglight unit... and then it is pretty much the same as headlight.

Reply to
Tiger

Found answer to my own questions: Replacement bulb for fog lights is H11 and not H1 as most manuals state. You need to go to bottom of bumper located below fog light and unscrew plate of compartment housing fog light. From there, you can detach fog light bulb. As to park lights, replacement is 194 Wedge mini led-type bulb (or for Osram Sylvania 2357A or 2825) You have to pull out the entire housing of park light including terminal connections. It might be a little tight so need to jiggle it as you pull it out.

Reply to
ricotik via CarKB.com

Presumably, like the earlier E class, the parking light is a conventional filament bulb. Does not replacing this with a low current led cause the computer to keep on telling you that the bulb has blown?

Reply to
Nihil

There are better bulbs than PIAA. Have a look here and poke aorund a bit.

Richard Sexton