Convertible sales UK

I'll sell you mine with 11,000 miles on it, pampered and babied for $46,000 USD. How much could shipping and registration cost?????!!!!

I can buy a 1990 Ferrari Testarossa (original US price $161,000) for $60,000 USD right now.

Is your pay so much better than ours that prices on vehicles can be more than double? And if so, how can you be building the Holden, badging it the GTO for US consumption, and we buy it for $40,000?

I don't get how this pricing structure works.

Reply to
Viper

I wish. A person cannot privately import a used car into Australia unless they've owned it overseas for over 1 year. Also, it would need to be converted to right hand drive...

That's got nothing to do with how much new cars cost.

Reply to
David Z

True. But off the beaten track in Oz a BMW wouldn't last long, whereas the total number of miles of public, unsealed road in the UK is probably in the teens - and some of the most rural, unpopulated areas have some of the best roads in Europe, let alone the UK (Western Scotland, Wales for example). A BMW, therefore, is more useable to more of the population - especially considering the plethora of BMWs available in European markets which are more attuned to people's needs (diesel, estate etc.) than people's desires.

Reply to
Andrew Thomas