E.H.A valve and check engine light

I replaced the eha valve on my 1990 300sel today it was leaking gas. I unhooked the elec.connection unscrewed one of the screws and droped it .So i started the car and backed it up to get the screw.I put the new part on drove the around it ran fine but the check engine light is now on.Is it on because i started the engine without the eha valve hooked up?Or is it the wrong eha valve it looked like the old one and fit just fine and bouth are made buy bosh but i did not check the numbers .Also how do i turn off the check engine light. THANKS in advance Tim

Reply to
TLKALLAM8

Take the car to the dealer and take along a lot of money - well it is not safe to carry that much money with you. So take your checkbooks or several credit cards. And just let them read it out and turn it off. Of course they will need to fix the problem that caused it - hey you obviously didn't - right? Good luck! Remember in the future - these cars are too complicated for anyone to work on without several years training, contrary to what the rumors about them say.

mcbrue under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE

Reply to
Mark Jeffcoat

Humphf! Well if you had such a complex machine as the S Klass junker that I have, you would not be able to work on it without several years of training. Even Hanz und Franz down at the MB Store have problems working with it. It took them 3 days to decide what sort of front end work it needed. Needless to say, I am reallllllly thinking of the Kudzu Kars next time around just due to this horrible complexity and expense and total unreliability. Interestingly, I was down at the Petunia Club for lunch the other day and chatted with some of the folks there about karz. Couple of the boys whose companies are worth over a bill said they went through the MB stage but now use more reliable karz like the Kudzu brands! So when you see that kind of testimony against ole Jerkin Shrimp, you realllllly gotta think it through. This weekend my kar will still be on crutches or perhaps in the car hospital, so we will have to use my wifes little Kudzu Kar to ride around the state. Not at all acceptable to me. But that is life when you drive an MB and do not have the time to fix it yourself !!!!!!!!

mcbrue irritatedly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE

I went and cleared the code my self and the check engine light has not come back on .So the problem must have been when i started it engine without the eha value hooked up.Where can i find a list of codes for a

300sel.
Reply to
Tim