E300 headlamp washer pump?

A friend has a problematic E300 that has a leaky washer tank. The windshield and headlamp share the same tank which has been leaking a bit. There are separate pumps.
I replaced the grommets on both pumps but there was still a leak on the headlamp pump side. I switched the pumps over and the leak was still on the headlamp side - it seems that the water is coming from the pump housing.
The windshield pump seems to be the original MBZ and has the part # 129 869 0021. These seem to be for sale on the www for about $10 - $20 but appear not to be the original MBZ.
The headlamp has a different pump but most of the marks on it are obliterated. It has the numbers 124 869 xx2x, followed by VD(the rest wiped out) and 005 001 12V.
This pump is not quite as tall as the windshield one.
Anyone know if the pumps are supposed to be the same?
TIA
JJ

windshield
the
869
I forgot to provide closure on this thread. The problem was a leaky headlamp washer pump. It was a non-MBZ part that had developed a crack in the housing. After it was replaced the leak stopped, and the sun came out :-)
Thanks to everyone who commented
jj