Haynes manual for W124

Is there a US Haynes manual for the W124?? I can't find one, and there site shows one, but for the UK? If I order the UK version, will I see many problems when using it for my 300E?
I love the Haynes manuals, they keep my American cars running for over 200K miles, so for Mercedes should be better.
Thom
You can get the MB service Library on CD for the 124. I think it is much better than the Haynes Manuals. Look on Ebay if you want to save some money but only go for the genuine article. There are other third party manuals out there such as Mitchell 1 which are not very good.
Peter

I got one off ebay already (a 2 CD set), but it is harder to find the information I need. I guess I am just too used to the Haynes manuals. I will have to learn more MB speak to get through the service library.

What you really want is the Bentley book Stu Ritter wrote. It's the only book they publish for MB and is up to their usual standards.
Peter W Peternouschek wrote:

been heavily purged. The seller won't refund my money either, and he has the CDs! I suspect the expensive CDs ($125 or so) from the stealer's part dept. are the way to go. The seller's eBay is Manuals Unlimited, AKA Sheffield and Rogers, FWIW.
Another option, useful if you have a specific need, is to use mbtech.com. AFIK this is an official MB site. It costs $19.95 a day or serveral $$$ per month. I plan to use it for a day to download all the information relevant to the problem I'm working at the time if I keep the car.
Rod

Too bad you got ripped off. I bought a set of MB library CD's for the 201,124 and 126 on Ebay a year or so ago from a private party for a very good price. I have used the one for the 201 extensively and I am extremely happy with it. I have found however that there are some important items covered in the repair manual section which are not covered in the service manual.So it takes a little bit of hunting for the data. Transmissions however are not covered. I got suckered on Ebay for the Mitchell 1 manual and found it totally useless. I also bought the MB DVD for my R129.......Now that one is a challenge...extremely difficult to find what you need. Requires lots of patience.
Peter

Better? At least more expensive...
Is there a reason, besides cost, not to just buy the factory manuals from an MB dealer? That's what I did and I have all 4 manuals for my 240D and 300D. The manuals, in my opinion, are very good.

Cost would be one. The other, I really like the Haynes manuals. they have never failed me and have always contained the necessaryb information for the DIY'er.
I will most likely order the UK version of the manual (Unless I can get the library to order it). Fortunately I only spent 10 bucks on the Cd set.