heater

When I put on the heater on my 1989 560SEL, after a few moments it starts smelling like wires are burning! I had a heater issue about a year and a half ago and my mechanic (not a mb mechanic) said he replaced the fuse and
the blower came on. My questions are these where is the fuse (he told me it was behind the center console), and if there is only one blower fuse, how much is the amperage?
TIA,
Bill
The blower actually has high amperage... I think around 20 or so. It is time to change that blower motor... it has already given the car 19 years of service.