ignition 1984 300sd

looks like I have to drop the steering wheel to change the ignition what is the process to follow I thanks for your help bj

If it still kind of works, turn the key to the first detent and use a large straigthened paper clip in the hole to release a pawl. Then use whatever you have like extra long nosed needle nosed pliers to unscrew the black surround. You might be able to turn it with your finger tips if your lucky. Hank