What I did was carefully pull back the insulation of the big wire for the inch of area going through the door. The four thin wires, once separated, don't take up muck space.
Bingo, the door closes, and everything works.
Later, to ensure some durability, I put a piece of electrical tape on the four wires.
On 9 Sep 2004 16:08:46 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@lonelyprogrammer.com (Mike) wrote:

On 2004-09-09 16:08:46 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@lonelyprogrammer.com (Mike) said:

I like the icelink, although it will REPLACE the changer...
http://icelink.densionusa.com /
It allows the existing head to control the ipod as though it were the changer, and works with MANY different head units.
This provides much better audio quality then any of the FM or tape converter types...
Marty
PS let us know what you decide...