M110 Engine CIS and D-Jetronic Question

Easy one for someone who knows (T.G.?)

I've bought myself (for a small sum) a replacement low mileage M110 engine. Its reputed to have only covered 18k miles. Anyway, it was off a W114 280E, which had the electronic D-Jetronic Fuel injection. Thing is, mines a W123 Mechanical CIS injection system. Now Will my injectors go straight in, in place of the electrically actuated ones from the D-Jetronic system. I haven't been able to get a really good picture of the D-Jet injector nozzles. It loks like they are still a push in/retaining clamp design, but are the holes in the head the same as the CIS ones? I haven't picked up the engine yet, so I can't tell for myself. I just wanted to know now.

Thanks... Rob.

Reply to
Rob. Smith

Rob,

I can't visualize the injectors' ports. Go to an on-line parts catalog and see if these two engines take the same fuel injector - same part number, or not.

The worst can be that you might have to use the old engine's intake manifold or even cylinder head if it's important to use the old engine's injectors or injection system.

Conversely, it may pay to look into learning what's involved to adapt your car to the D-Jetronic system.

Tom

Reply to
T.G. Lambach