Trouble Codes.

For my '89 420SEL, can anyone tell me how I read the trouble codes from the push button & LED unit in the engine bay ? Is there any special test unit I need, and what does each code mean ? I've tried locating a service / repair manual here in the US, but none of the local auto shops have one.

Reply to
simon

Try Ebay for service manuals.

Reply to
Chet Hayes
126.035 chassis in '89 had to have Cal. Emissions system to have led/sw code storage.. Look and see if you have Cal ...if you do, I will give you the codes.
Reply to
AJDalton7

Reply to
simon

Turn key to ON.. Hold button IN for 2-3 sec. and the LED will light Release button and wait for the LED to flash ...count the number of flashes Repeat again until there are no more new codes .. write them down and tell me what you get .

If you get only ONE flash, then there are NO CODES stored

Reply to
AJDalton7