motor runs, belts don't turn - 81 300TDT

Strange - The motor runs fine, but the harmonic dampener/pulley doesn't turn at all. The power steering belt is very loose now, but the rest seem OK.
I replaced the front bearing seal about 2.5 years ago, which means I had to also take the dampener on and put it back on. It's been running fine since, so I don't think that has anything to do with it, but perhaps?
Could it be the keys that hold this onto the crank have sheared? Is the crank broken? I would have thought that something like that would be a drastic occurrence, and the pulley should be on the ground.
TIA for any comments or suggestions
There's 2 dowel pins that hold the "counterweight" from spinning freely on the crank. Part number N900037-008100 times by two.
It should only be these, with any luck.
| Strange - The motor runs fine, but the harmonic dampener/pulley doesn't | turn at all. The power steering belt is very loose now, but the rest | seem OK. | | I replaced the front bearing seal about 2.5 years ago, which means I had | to also take the dampener on and put it back on. It's been running fine | since, so I don't think that has anything to do with it, but perhaps? | | Could it be the keys that hold this onto the crank have sheared? Is the | crank broken? I would have thought that something like that would be a | drastic occurrence, and the pulley should be on the ground. | | TIA for any comments or suggestions |
I'm hoping so! I'll try to get under there with a mirror or something today and see if the crank is turning inside the pulley.
Thanks! I don't see those parts on any site - do you have a source for them?
| I'm hoping so! I'll try to get under there with a mirror or something | today and see if the crank is turning inside the pulley. | | Thanks! I don't see those parts on any site - do you have a source for | them?
A mercedes dealership, they are only a couple of bucks for the both ;)
#23 here: http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb2.asp?TP=1&F 3193&Ma7%2E952&GAr2%2E120315&CT=M&cat3&SID&SGR5&SGN

Yup.
Thanks - I'm getting under there tonight, I hope.