headlights don't turn off!

My '03 ES300 headlights occasionally do not turn off after I press the lock button on my remote key twice. On a couple occasions, this has caused my battery to run out when I didn't notice that the headlights failed to deactivate, and the car required a jump start. Lexus service has looked into this twice and still can't find anything wrong. Anyone have a clue what's going on? Nice quality, Lexus!

Reply to
Mack

I would check to make sure all of the doors and trunk are securely closed and the associated switches are not sticking.

Reply to
Ray O

If any of your doors are ajar and you press the remote lock button, the car will emit a continuous warning tone until you press the unlock button. Has this ever happened or does the car always beep once for each press of the lock button?

Reply to
greg

I'm pretty sure all doors and trunk are sealed. No warning tone upon depression of the lock button.

Reply to
Mack

There are service bulleting covering this problem on other models, but I did not on see any for the 2003 ES. Your local Lexus dealer may have better luck diagnosing the problem.

Reply to
Ray O