odometer?

I pulled the dash in my 83 380SL to check the speedo cable: there wasn't one. My $24 chilton doesn't show the cluster in detail. where is the sensor -sensors?( need diagram??) Jim

The cable runs from the transmission through the firewall to the odometer.
Chris

I always leave the important stuff out, sorry. The speed odometer, tack and odometer are all electric, but I don't know the wiring.

What's wrong with your odometer? Not moving? Most likely to be broken gear.