R-134

I just called and ordered a 30# cyl of R-134 from my regular distributor. I was SHOCKED when I found out it cost $300.00. Last November I paid $69.00. What gives? $69 to $300 in 4 months sounds like a rip-off. What are other shops paying this year?

Paul Paul's Auto Electric Charlotte, NC

Reply to
Paul

My local (Calif.) A/C shop told me last week that R-134a prices had vastly increased in the last year.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

It's the Bush administration. All these creepy chemical/petro companies are gouging now that they can.

Marty

PS this is a joke (sort of).

Reply to
Martin Joseph

and you voted for???????????????

fluff hair?

we use Hunt's !

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
pool man

Excellent! Hope your like your inbred moronic presidents hair.

Reply to
Martin Joseph

never said who I voted for now did I ???

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
pool man

You are being hosed! Wallmart sells the cans for cheap! P.

Reply to
Peter

Fuck walmart.

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Get your jollies where you will but WalMart still has cheap R134a....so does Pep Boys, and others like them.

Reply to
Ernie Sparks

The R134a I bought for $300 for 30# was from Pep Boys. They did have the cheapest price I could find. Also they were the only ones who had any and they only had 2 cyl. I guess shortages raise the price, so suppliers only need to withhold their product from the public, get the price where they want it, then release it. The downfall of our great country will be greed. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer. I really feel sorry for my grand childern. Paul McKechnie

Reply to
Paul

if i keep a stock pile of a product that i paid for and hold it at my expense your calling me a crook when i sell it for a price that is higher than list.

I CAN'T make a profit ? i took the risk. why do you think i still have what you want.

i was the one gambolling with my money to stock the product. i made money on the deal.

what if i lost on the deal because some one came up with a better and cheaper freon?

my risk and my profit or loss.

what if thinking like this caused all stores not to carry a product

price fixing does not work !

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
pool man

Pool man I have no problem with someone making money. I try to do the same. I'm talking about people making a 400% profit in just 4 months. That is stealing. I agree, no one is forcing me to buy the product. They are just making life hard for me as all I am trying to do is give my customers a good job at a fair price. I can't do the "fair price" part because someone else is making a 400% profit. If you can make that kind of profit and still sleep at night, GO FOR IT. As for me, I prefer to go to my grave knowing I was fare and honest with everyone during my lifetime.

Paul McKechnie Paul's Auto Electric I may not be the best, but you can trust me.

Reply to
Paul

guess i will give ya a call when i need parts.

any way i agree some people do take advantage of things. i my self do my best for every one on my cust list.

it is the person who WANT'S IT YESTERDAY that pays.

on this island here that has been growing like crazy people go for low bid on pools. you get what you pay for i tell them. when it is done they can't understand why it just does not do what the sales guy said.

the best back yard pool i have on my list cost 250,000.00

but you can get a good pool with top equipment for around 30,000.00

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
pool man