Remote Starter Switch to Crank the Engine

Hi,

Need to find subj. When searching, all I find is "remote car starters".

BTW, do I have to go to Google Groups to post my messages? I suspect there's a UseNet client that works like email.

Thanks.

Mia

Reply to
Mia

Outlook express

Reply to
taxman

Yuck, I recommend Mozilla thunderbird if you are on a PC or Unison for Mac OSX.

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Yuck?

Interesting, i'll have to try out this mozilla thunderbird. I allways had a hunch OE was pretty shithouse.

Reply to
taxman

Just curious: why?

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

any ideas on the subj.?

Reply to
Mia

Malheureusement non.

Depending on what you need to know, could you not ask a dealer?

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

I just need to be UNDER the car and turn the engine to do transmission flush. There are remote starters available that hook to the battery and starter solenoid, but I cannot seem to find them.

Thanks.

Reply to
Mia

I'm not sure just why everyone has problems with Outlook Express. I've used it for more than three years now without any popup windows, nearly no spam and otherwise just plain good results. However, let me explain that I have SBC Yahoo DSL service which works great. All email goes through a Yahoo server which catches and holds all spam emails. Everything addressed correctly to me comes through. Don't know exactly how they do it but it does work. I have to go to Yahoo and log on to my email account there every month or so and remove 500 or more spam emails but it sure does beat having all that junk come to me. I set some controls in the Yahoo account to achieve this.

The other nice thing about this set up is that I can simply log onto Yahoo no matter where in the world I am, put in my username and password to get all of my emails. Also, all of my emails are held at the Yahoo "station" until I open Outlook Express on my own computer. At that point all of the relevant emails are downloaded and the spam remains at Yahoo. Love it!

Don't know how all of the popups are filtered out but when I go to Internet Explorer I get virtually no popups. But, when I use Mozilla, which I do have installed and occasionally use, I get all sorts of junk popups.

Reply to
Ernie Sparks

Actually, Yahoo is quite famous for blocking legitamte communications along with the spam. I have seen this in several cases personally.

When my daughter was born for example I sent out a mailing to multiple people with a link to some photos...

My brother and one of my closest friends (both Yahoo users) never saw it.

You are warned.

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Maybe you have the security set too high. Medium seems to work fine for me. I check more than 200 emails from time to time and have never found a single email that I would normally want. However, there was nothing else but spam, spam, spam. Good luck anyway.

Reply to
Ernie Sparks

Go to a normal parts store and get one there from their "generic" tool display. Pep Boys, Kragen, NAPA, etc., all seem to have them hanging everywhere. In lieu of that you can make your own with a simple momentary-on push button switch. Get yourself a couple lengths of wire, some alligator clips and you're in business.

Reply to
Ernie Sparks