Remote engine starter switch

I?ve just bought a Snap On MT 302A Remote Starter Switch so that I can start the car from the engine bay. (basically a heavy duty push switch with a lead & 2 crocodile clamps at the end). I thought it would be useful when doing a compression checks etc

There?s no instructions, so is it just a matter of connecting it across the terminals of the starter (in parallel), making sure the cars in neutral, turn the key so the ignition is on (red light lights up on dash) then pressing the button briefly so that the car starts? Any other precautions I should take? Cars a '91 Golf Gti BTW Thanks for any input

Mike

Reply to
mike roberts